Pre-order EA SPORTS™ NHL® 23 Standard Edition and receive:
- X-Factor Women HUT Choice Pack (1 of 4)
- 5 World of Chel X-Factor Zone Ability Unlocks (Instant)
- Signed Sarah Nurse World of Chel Jersey (Digital)
- Be A Pro X-Factor Slot Unlocks (2), XP Boost, and Bonus Trait Points
Currently planned as post-launch updates, cross-platform matchmaking across same-generation consoles for HUT and World of Chel will shorten queue times and create deeper player pools so you and your crew can test your mettle against more teams than ever.
LAST CHANCE PUCK MOVEMENT
A new series of desperation gameplay animations add a new layer of authenticity and excitement to the game.
- Stumble Actions: Attempt a pass or shot after taking any level of contact. These desperation moves are the foundation of epic, highlight-reel moments and ensure you’re never out of play. And with over 500 Stumble Action animations, each moment feels just as exciting as the last.
- Loose Puck Plays: Turn any loose puck into an opportunity by double-tapping pass or shoot to dive into incredible plays to score or clear the puck.
- Enhanced Goalie AI: Using the Human goalie system, AI Goalies now have access to more than 50 new Human Desperation Save groups, equaling over 350 new save animations.
- New X-Factor Animations: Trevor Zegras’ “Skilled Up” lets you recreate his viral flip pass over the net, and Sarah Nurse's “Relentless” increases the player’s ability to shoot and pass while off balance.
- X-Factor AI Upgrades: Smarter AI means better playmaking, with AI players using enhanced X-Factors to be more impactful on the ice and akin to their real-world counterparts.
Gameplay strategies have been updated across the board to make it easier to understand and execute the best game plans for your desired playstyle. What’s on deck:
- Two New Modern Special Team Strategies: Staple NHL strategies The Wedge (1-1-2), Penalty Kill, and the 1-3-1 Power Play are now in the player toolkit. Along with refreshed existing special team strategies to ensure they feel more like what’s seen in modern NHL games.
- Player Roles on the Power Play: You can now assign these three different roles on their Power Play: Distributor, Finisher, and Puck carrier. Players with assigned roles will be known to the AI, and the AI will know to distribute the puck to them based on position, situation, and X-Factor tendencies.
- New Instructional Videos: Carrlyn Bathe breaks down the intricacies of Penalty Kill and Power Play strategies in a series of new videos.
- Stanley Cup Celly: A new interactive Stanley Cup celebration gives you additional agency when it’s time to recognize their big win in Franchise mode. Choose who hoists the cup first, etch your name into its side, and more.
- Hattricks: The iconic hattrick hat throw returns, along with the ability for you to customize your team's hattrick celebrations.
- Big-time Moments: A series of new game-ending animations for those high-adrenaline moments like come-from-behind, OT, shootout, and playoff game victories.
- Light Show: New and authentic post-goal light shows for NHL teams.
- All new projections for game intros.
- Authentic projections from several NHL teams in offline mode.
- 11 different customizable intros for EASHL and offline.
- 11 new national anthem presentations for offline, IIHF, and online create modes.
CROWD & ATMOSPHERE
In a complete overhaul of crowd intelligence and audio, the folks in the stands now understand and react to what’s happening in the game. Thanks to our new Crowd Engagement Score algorithm, expect to be showered in cheers after winning a tense shootout and booed into the penalty box when you foul an opponent on their home ice.
Dynamic new on-ice AR leaderboards for all online and offline modes give live updates on player and team statistics as they move up the rankings.
The Frostbite engine continues to power EA SPORTS NHL 23 with unrivaled graphics upgrades for console games. From dynamic lighting and overhauled character fidelity to realistic strand hair and cloth animations—Frostbite brings the action to life.
HOCKEY ULTIMATE TEAM
- Cross-Platform Matchmaking: Currently planned as a post-launch update, cross-platform matchmaking in HUT across same-generation consoles will speed up wait times and bring in even more teams for you and your squad to square up against.
- HUT Rivals Playlist: In a complete refresh of HUT Rivals, the arrival of HUT Rivals Playlist lets players compete in a variety of new rotating game themes.
- HUT Rivals Rewards: Following feedback from our community, you can now unlock three additional tiers of rewards based on Win or Win Streaks, which will be granted immediately.
- IIHF Women’s National Team Integration: In a historic update, IIHF Women’s National Team members can now play alongside men in a HUT lineup, allowing you to make your dream team of the sport’s best players a reality. Plus, national team players will have both base and master items incorporated into events.
Historic Level of Customization: In a significant update to Franchise Mode, players can now customize their league in a multitude of new ways, including:
- Set the number of teams from 6-48.
- Set the number of games played from 6-84.
- Set the number of divisions and conferences.
- Set the number of division, conference, and inter-conference games.
- Set the number of playoff and wildcard rounds.
- Customize the number of playoff games in a series and round.
- Control the number of home and away games for each playoff series.
- Control the league’s min/max salary cap and individual player salaries.
EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE (EASHL)
- Cross-Platform Matchmaking: Currently planned for November 2022, cross-platform matchmaking in WOC across same-generation consoles will speed up wait times and bring in even more teams for you and your squad to scrap over the “dub” with.
- Assisted Strategies: New gameplay strategies help players understand and execute the right strategies for their desired playstyle for a richer, more efficient in-game experience.
- New X-Factor Abilities: Open up a deeper level of playstyle customization with the game-changing impact of new X-Factor Abilities.
- Creation Zone Updates: Customize your team’s arena, celebrations, and on-ice projections with more control than ever before.
Players who start playing NHL 23 on PlayStation®4 or Xbox One will be able to transfer their HUT Team value and progress to the next generation of their respective platforms in PlayStation®5 or Xbox Series X|S. This migration means that within the NHL 23 title:
- Players can protect 20 player items + Coach in their current lineup and transfer those over to a new console.
- Once content is transferred from PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S, that content on Gen4 will be converted to untradable for security reasons.
- Any coins and items remaining in your collection will be given a similar value in Tradeable Packs to start on your new generation account.
*Requires PlayStation Plus membership to access online multiplayer.
Payments & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.